Who am I?

The big question remains: Who am I? What is it that makes me act? Who or what controls my actions and I do things that perpetuate my race? What is the nature of the material I? I is in me or outside me? Philosophers have long tried to answer these questions, because the man began to think, or I was created. Modern theories of science have their attack on the issue, and if we have not found the answer, we have come a long way.

The spirit or soul was for a long time as an integral part of the body. The Spirit lived in different parts of our body, the most popular are the heart, as the Bible says. There was apparently no problem accepting this concept, up to about three hundred years. In the seventeenth century, Rene Descartes, who at the tender age of 24 proved to be one of the most influential philosophers. Before the time of Descartes, mind and body, and it was sacriligous to open cadaver or next one. Descartes proposed that the mind is separated from the body, and that God is the mediator between the two.The dichotomy of the Cartesian dualism of Descartes, were the philosophers of the past three centuries, enough to dwell on. Numerous theoretical extensions of Descartes' theory, but were apparently not all until recently.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP